How can I solve the buffering issues on my KODI?
At first, you have to connect your KODI box to the Internet by using Ethernet cable, not the Wireless connection since the wireless get a fraction of the Internet speed, not the whole one.
Make sure your Internet speed satisfies the minimum bandwidth requirement which is at least 10Mbps for streaming VODs and 15Mbps for live streaming. The requirements vary according to the quality of stream and Internet infrastructure of your geographic location.
A cache primarily is how much of the video you are viewing is briefly stored to your device’s hard drive or RAM. Given that Kodi attempts to run on as a low memory as possible, the cache file is approximately small. This enables the Kodi app to work smoothly on a device that has moderate RAM. How to install IPTV on Kodi.
Notwithstanding, a Mac or Windows PC, for example, can manage cache much greater than other devices. With the help of an add-on called ARES can reduce buffering issues on your Kodi. ARES wizard is a Kodi add-on that provides you with the tools you need to lower the buffering issues while watching IPTV streams as well as doing maintenance, getting back up and doing a factory reset on your Kodi.
How to install ARES wizard on Kodi 17.1 Krypton
- Start Kodi Krypton is to click on the Settings Icon.
- After that, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Add-ons.
- Make sure that you enabled install from ‘Unknown Sources.’
- When the warning box appears, click ‘Yes’.
- Now head back to the Kodi home screen, and click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- From here, go to File Manager -> Add Source.
- Select None and then enter this URL: “http://ares-repo.eu/”.
- Name it ‘Ares’ and click ‘OK’.
- From the Kodi home screen, select Add-ons.
- Click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Select ‘Install from Zip File’ -> Ares -> repository.aresproject ->repository.aresproject.zip.
- Wait for the notification to appear.
- Now select ‘Install from Repo’ -> ‘Program add-ons’ -> ‘Ares Wizard’ -> Install.
- The download and installation process will begin.
How to Improve Cache size
By extending the cache size, you can drastically reduce buffering on Kodi.
Now proceed to ‘My addons’ -> ‘Program Add-ons’.
Choose ‘Ares Wizard’
From within the Ares Wizard, click Tweak -> Advanced Settings Wizard -? Next -> Generate Settings -> Apply
This will create the optimal cache setting for your device.
You can also edit which files you’d like Kodi to buffer by determining one of four separate Cache methods.
- Mode 1: Here, Kodi buffers any Internet streams including FTP.
- Mode 2: Kodi buffers completely everything.
- Mode 3: Kodi just buffers streams from sites.
- Mode 4: Disable all the buffering all together.
Although there is no specific way to fix buffering on the KODI, there are some mandatory items by checking them you can assure that your Internet connection works well and is not the cause of buffering.
In case you recognize of any other answers to fix Kodi buffering, please share them with us by leaving a comment below. However, the methods described in this article will dramatically reduce buffering on your Kodi.
Developed by iptvhelpcenter.com